Devon is seeking a collaborative leader to chair the Integrated Care System (ICSD).
ICSD is a partnership of health and social care organisations working together with local communities across Devon, Plymouth and Torbay to improve people’s health, wellbeing and care.
Through working together, it aims to transform health and care services, so they are clinically, socially and financially sustainable.
This is a significant, high-profile role at the cutting edge of public sector reform. To succeed you will need:
- Strong strategic leadership skills, with an ability to lead a significant new Board, demonstrated by a career record of achievement at the highest levels, including stewardship of significant funds and resources.
- You will share our belief that ICSs should reflect all the communities they serve and champion diversity, inclusion, and equality of opportunity for all.
- You will be politically astute and an excellent communicator. This will be demonstrated though a track record of building strong partnerships across complex boundaries that have driven practical, community-led change.
- To bring current thinking which will drive improvements in care, long-term, preventative strategies for population health and for tackling health inequality, with a strong focus on integrated approaches.
- To be able to establish trust quickly, at every level. You will be able to demonstrate how you have built healthy cultures, with high performing boards, and CEOs. You will have great personal integrity and expect this in others. You will operate by the Nolan Principles of Public Life and meet the Fit and Proper Persons requirements.
- We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
The ICS prioritises equality, diversity and inclusion, team health and wellbeing and the principles of kind leadership in our ‘ways of working’. The successful candidate will have a key role in nurturing this culture.
Appointments will be made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
For more information and to apply, visit NHS England’s website.
The closing date is 23:59 on Tuesday 17 August 2021.